Thursday, September 9, 2010

Progress

I have to say this week has so-far been a whirlwind. Getting back into the swing of school and the balancing act of that, homework, work, and extra curriculars has gotten me back on my toes. Summer was a mixed bag of new experiences, adventure, relaxation, and new beginning. It's great knowing that I can make that transition back into 'serious' quite seamlessly...although I do have a few cups of coffee to thank for that being accomplished. Bring it on, senior year :)

I've been meaning to write about it, but I have also met this incredible guy :) And I think that has me really excited. I know that part of moving on is finding someone new, and he has truly made me feel like I can love again. After everything was said and done, I told myself that I wasn't going to date. Not that I don't like dating, but I wanted to give myself enough time to heal and to work on my own issues. I guess what they say is right...when you aren't looking for something, that is the time that it wll fall right on your lap. While I am still cautious, I am so happy that he is in my life. When he tells me I am beautiful I just get butterflies in my stomach :) And when I see a text or call from him, I can't help but smile. And my mom likes him....go figure :) I am really looking forward to spending more time with him and seeing where it goes.

In all seriousness though, I feel like I am making progress-not only in coming closer to my degree but emotionally and mentally. I came from a dark place in my mind and in my heart, and had little hope in moving on and moving forward. I realize that it was a part of my process. Everyone has a process, and I think that I've figured mine out. My road is long and some spots aren't paved. It winds, it dips, it turns, it climbs, it weaves, and it sometimes is so unrecognizable that I run the risk of losing my way. But if I can cross that road and become a better person because of it, that is progress. And that is what I strive for. Emerson said that "Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow." And I completely agree. The world changes constantly....and we as people have to adapt and pave our way. We must determine it, and then fight for it. And I am a fighter.

No comments: