Monday, June 28, 2010

Going

So I have decided that the heading for this blog, the T.S. Elliot quote, is more applicable than ever. I feel that in these recent tumultuous times of my life, I have been able to stand strong, and fight my way through. I am not saying that I have not had my weak moments, or have not cried or stretched myself too thin. I have done all those things. But I know that in the end, I am stronger than I was. I am not the easily swayed, accepting pacifist anymore. I guess I can thank Andy for that. He was always agressive and unafraid to speak his mind. This was one of his best and worst qualities. Hopefully I only retained the good side of that.

And the best part is, I am not a pushover anymore. If I want to stay at home and have a night to myself, I take it. But, most of the time, I am ready to go spend time with friends and family. I love, LOVE going out and being social with my friends, and that was one of my biggest complaints in my marriage. I wanted to go out, and spend time with people, laugh, and strengthen my bonds with other human beings. You cannot do that with an xbox and a big screen. Life shouldn't be about material posessions, but rather about relationships and family and friends. I am really embracing this in my life and letting go of a lot of material wants. It's so exciting because I am seeing more and more how rich my life is with my friends and family. They are the people who will be by my side no matter what, and that is something material posession cannot give.

But in all seriousness....I feel that I am making steady and noticeable progress. I am almost done with school, and plan to continue on with grad school. I have a great job, and I feel that I am doing well. I also have a not so great job, but I am working through that. I spoke with my manager tonight on some issues and I feel that most of my concerns are being handled appropriately, and I am glad for that. Having someone actually hear me and what I was saying was a welcomed change. I am developing myself within my positions and really solidifying my skills so I can advance. And of course, that is a big deal. :)

So, all in all, just feeling better in general about things. I am realizing more and more what I want, and finding ways to achieve. I am not taking a backseat in my life anymore. I am putting myself and my goals first, and that is what will ultimately lead to my success.

2 comments:

Allen Webb said...

Glad to see you are on your blog again, Sara. It was interesting to catch up with you. Congrats on graduating.

See me. Hear me. said...

It's really good that you seem happy with yourself.


http://ificouldyouwould.blogspot.com/