Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life

So my life has been ever changing the last 3 months! So I want to write about it for a while :)

Andy and I decided that it was best to go our seperate ways back in March. It has been extremely difficult, but I think that the worst is behind me. I am looking forward into the future and the new opportunities and adventure that await me. Who knows what will come my way!

I also have finished my 4th year of college. I thought I would be done by now, but because of circumstances beyond my control (i.e, swtiching majors and moving to and then back home from South Dakota), I will be graduating in Spring 2011 (fingers crossed). I'm majoring in Marketing, and double minoring in Spanish and Economics. I am still kind of debating the spanish. I love the language, and I want to learn more and travel, but the classes don't fit my schedule at all. And I can still learn on my own, without taking formal, expensive classes, right? No one dictated that I learn spanish at Western ...just have to keep telling myself that.

I've also been blessed to find this job at ECCU. I love it there. I work full time over on Gull Road for now, and during school, only part time 3 days a week. It really could not have worked out more perfectly for me as far as classes go (Except spanish of course). So that is good. I also have some great coworkers, and they make my days a lot easier, especially being a new teller without any financial institution background. I am doing quite well though, if I do say so myself. :)

So now, I am just doing me. It's been an adventure thus far. Making lots of chnges in life, personal and physical. I've been really working at being healthy and working out consistently. I know I am feeling better already, so I am excited to see where that takes me. I have also felt different in the last few weeks of being officially divorced (May 18th was the finalization). It feels weird, definitely, to go from being married for 2 1/2 years to being single again. It's the whole square one thing that is kind of depressing. But, at least I am young. At least that is what everyone keeps telling me. *sigh* I know I am young, but I didn't really want to go through the hassle of dating, and falling in love all over again. I just have to keep telling myself that things fall apart so better things can fall together. I will always remember him, though. I have been trying to muster the courage to get rid of all our old letters and cards and to delete the massive email accumulations over the deployment and other, rough times....but I can't. Not just yet. I've re-read them several times in my sadness and mourning of the relationship...but I always get sentimental when I try to toss them out. Kyle told me he is going to make me burn them. Maybe I should. But not yet.

Well...that is about all for now. I have to balance my shift, finish my night stuff here at the hotel and get home for some ZzZzZz's. Gull Road ECCU is notorious for pandemonium on the '3rd of the months,' and tomorrow will be my first experience. So I have to get some rest to be geared up for that.

Goodnight.

No comments: