Friday, June 25, 2010

Financial Diet

So, I had a Sales Training on Thursday at ECCU. Besides the fact that it began at 8am, I enjoyed it. Some of it was repetitve, and some was common sense, but the session was helpful. I got to learn more about the different savings accounts that ECCU has to offer and also heard personal stories from co-workers and their financial habits. These stories intrigued me. Though I have always been interested in saving money and being fiscally responsible, it never quite came to fruition. So, while I am physically dieting, I decided that I am also going on a financial diet.

This financial makeover of mine has me really excited. I've been through the ringer as far as financial instability. I know that this is going to be a thing of the past. So today I opened up an s8 and a s9 Club account. I also filled out an automatic payroll deduction form so that each paycheck will distribute between the four accounts I hold. Of course the remainder goes into my s4. It may not seem like much but I know it will add up over time. I am also planning on opening an IRA next month, so I can start that as well (My first reaction to the IRA when in training was, "Isn't that for OLD PEOPLE???" Haha..the trainer thought that was funny).

Sounds silly that I am typing all of this, but I want to lay a strong foundation for my future, and writing it all down makes sense. It's something I have needed to do for a while. I think that now, with all of the changes coming up, I have gotten to a point of understanding what needs to happen. It's an amazing feeling to have a plan and a way to succeed.

So anyway. Now after saying all that, I am going to go blow all those plans and have a fun weekend in Chicago :P Hehe. Okay, I have budgeted for this trip for several weeks now so I'll be okay :P I am so excited! I love the city and love the buildings, the people, the shopping, the food, the nightlife, the Cubs :) It's all just perfect. And that is even better when you go with amazing friends!! :D

Well..I am going to run errands and take care of some business before tomorrow. I have to pack, go to the post, Meijer for a few grocery items, and then I am hitting the gym for my nightly cardio. Carpe Diem, my friends.

No comments: